Labor Card Online Registration, Eligibility, Benefits | How to Apply for Labor Card Online, Status Check, Links to State, How to Download Labor Card | As India’s population grows, so do needs and the number of workers. Some employees from both organized and unorganized sectors are contracted while others are on permanent contracts. There are workers who work in many areas of society and industry. The Department of Labor and Employment is the governing body responsible for labor issues. For which department it differs from state to state, and for the benefit of the well-being of the workforce, they give distinctive cards to such employees. In this post, we’re going to find out what a labor card is, its benefits, what qualifying papers are required, and how to apply for one.
What is a work card
The Government of India has set up a ministry known as the “Ministry of Labor and Employment” which is specifically concerned with the welfare of workers. As the name suggests, this ministry primarily focuses on employment and the welfare of workers. In India, the vast majority of people belong to a low-income economy and the majority of them make a living from manual labour, agriculture and other similar activities. An identity card is known as a “work card” and is a card issued by the state government and is under the jurisdiction of the central government. This card provides support for workers and the families who support them.
Anyone who is employed and meets the requirements can apply for this card and take advantage of the associated benefits. There are two different types of work card, namely: “Construction work card” Social work card “Construction work card”
Those who carry out their work under the direction of a properly licensed contractor are eligible to apply for a construction permit. These cardholders qualify for the vast majority of benefits offered by the program.
Employees who work in agriculture, non-construction or agriculture are entitled to a social card. These beneficiaries are entitled to benefits from their health insurance.
Labour Card Overview
|Article About||Labour Card|
|Department||The Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Benefits||Financial aid to beneficiaries and family members|
|Online Portal||Different for the Different States|
Goals of the work card
The main objective of the labor card is the financial support of the working class and their families. By giving them a unique number on a card, we can be easily tracked and therefore eligible for various benefits granted by the state or central government.
Advantages of the work card
- One of the many benefits you can get from the employment card is that you will never receive benefits not only for yourself but also for your family members.
- Labor card holders can get free medical insurance under various Indian schemes.
- They can receive free education and, under some programs, free education in exchange for financial support for their children.
- Holders of a work card will be cared for by two women during pregnancy or childbirth.
- If a worker who holds a job card is injured or discolored by an accident while on the job, he will receive financial assistance.
- A number of scholarships are awarded to working-class children who hold work cards.
- Financial help with the purchase of shovels and other equipment is offered.
- It is possible to get a mortgage loan.
- Help to improve skills.
- Help with the expenses of the cardholder’s daughter’s upcoming wedding.
Eligibility Criteria for the Job Card
- Basically, Labor must be a permanent resident of the state.
- Workers should be between the ages of 18 and 40 to join this group.
- It is recommended that workers must work in a disorganized capacity.
- Labor must prove that you are an Indian citizen.
- Workers may not work in the organized sector and you may not be a member of the EPF, NPS or ESIC.
- The salary should not be more than 15,000 rupees per month.
- Labor cannot be a taxpayer in the United States.
- Aadhaar card or voting card
- Ration coupon
- Bank account number for money transfer
- Email ID (Optional0
- Aadhaar card numbers from family members or members
- The mobile phone number that is in operation.
- Passport photos (4-6)
Apply for a work card online
To apply for a labor card, we can show a general procedure for all websites available in different states of the country.
- So, the first step is to visit the official website of your state’s Department of Labor.
- On the home page you need to find the option “New Job Card Registration”.
- Then a new page will open in front of you and you need to fill in the details e.g. B. Select the district, then provide the personal information and all other details like your Aadhar card number. You also need to enter your mobile number and email address and verify your mobile number via OTP.
- Then click on the “Send” button which will be the last step.
Job card status check
To check the status of your submitted application, you must visit the official website of the Department of Labor of the state in which you live. For this article we choose the website of the Delhi Ministry of Labour.
- On the homepage of the official website, you will find the option to track your application in the “Services” section.
- After clicking on this page, your application will be tracked.
- You must fill in the details shown.
- First you need to select the department by selecting from the drop down menu.
- Then you have to decide whether to apply.
- You must then select the applicant number you entered. And finally, you need to enter the name of the work card holder or the applicant. And then you need to click on the Search button.
- A new page will open in front of you with the name of the details of the application. Here you can easily check the status as shown in table format. When the card has been delivered or is in process.