सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना क्या है Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Online Apply | सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना ब्याज दर 2022-23, नियम व शर्तें, चार्ट PDF | SSY Scheme Details |
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was founded by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to save the girls of the country’s middle-class families from future economic troubles. In this scheme, the investment account is opened by the parents before the girl child is 10 years old. This investment account can be opened at a bank or post office. In which a minimum of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh per month can be deposited as an investment by the girl’s parents. If you also want to open your girl’s investment account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 then be sure to read this article to the end.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – SSY Schema
The central government-run Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a type of investment savings plan. What attracts the parents of the country’s girls under 10 to invest in securing their future. This program is part of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao program. The girl’s investment account is opened by her parents, which is to be kept until her marriage after she has reached the age of 21 or 18. But it is mandatory to invest in this account for 15 years. For the 2022-23 session interest at 7.6% will be provided on the amount invested in this account and also under this scheme tax will be deducted under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961 for investment up to a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh in 1 year discounts are also given.
PNB will also give the benefit of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The advantage of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 is now awarded by Punjab National Bank (PNB) as well. This is a state program created by the central government for girls under the age of 10. Punjab National Bank has informed through its official Twitter account that girls under 10 can now deposit a minimum of 250 rupees up to a maximum of 1.5 lakh in a financial year through Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana by opening a Sukanya account with PNB . . On which the benefit of exemption under 80C is granted in the income tax benefit. In addition, there are attractive annual interest rates. PNB gave this information with the slogan “Navratri, take a step towards a secure future for your daughter”.
इस नवरात्रि, लीजिए एक कदम अपनी बेटी के सुरक्षित भविष्य की तरफ, PNB के संग
— Punjab National Bank (@pnbindia) September 26, 2022
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 Overview
|योजना का नाम||सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना|
|शुरू की गई||केंद्र सरकार द्वारा|
|लाभार्थी||देश की 10 वर्ष की आयु से कम की बालिकाएं|
|उद्देश्य||बालिकाओं को भविष्य मे होने वाले आर्थिक समस्या से बचाना|
Investment limit prescribed according to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY 2022
The account holder can deposit a minimum of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh in a year under this scheme. This amount must be deposited by the account holder for 15 years. If your girl is 8 years old, you must deposit the minimum investment amount for 23 years into this account. After that, you will continue to receive interest on the investment amount until the term.
The girl can draw 50% of the investment sum after she has reached the age of 18.
It is mandatory to invest in the account opened under this program for 15 years. But the girl can withdraw 50% of the amount from Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account to continue her studies after she is 18 years old or passed 10th grade. This amount can be paid by the girl or the legal guardian in one lump sum or in installments. However, the amount can only be drawn once in 1 year and in installments for a maximum period of 5 years.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 tax free
Samriddhi Yojana 2022 has been kept tax free by the Indian government. Under this scheme no tax is levied on the amount invested up to Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961. There is no tax on the amount invested under this plan, the interest earned on it and the amount due. This system protects the account holder’s savings as well as from taxes.
Now 7.6% interest is accrued on the SSY account.
Investors were previously granted interest of 8.4% on the amount invested under this scheme. But now interest is granted at 7.6% and this interest amount is also tax-free. In this scheme, the investor’s money doubles in 9 years and 4 months. If the investor invests ₹100 per day under the Sukanya program, he will receive a fund of ₹1500000 at maturity. If the investor invests ₹416 per day, they will receive ₹65000000 at maturity.
Term of investment account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The term of the investment account opened under this scheme is until the girl reaches the age of 21 or until she marries after the girl reaches the age of 18. But in both cases, the investment in this account should be made for a period of 15 years from the date of account opening. After that, interest continues to accrue until the account matures. Whether you make a deposit into the account or not.
Under what circumstances can an SSY account be closed before its due date?
- In the case of marriage after the age of 18 – SSY account can be closed prematurely by the beneficiary daughter after the age of 18 for her marriage costs.
- In case of accidental death of the account holder – In case of accidental death of the girl, the parents or guardians can withdraw the amount deposited and the interest earned on it from the Sukanya Samriddhi program account. In order to withdraw this amount, the parent or legal guardian must provide the documents related to the death of the account holder, certified by the relevant authority. Immediately afterwards, the amount will be transferred to the account of the legal guardian.
- Discontinue the account financially – If the girl’s parents are unable to continue the account financially, they can close the account. To do this, however, they must obtain permission from the competent authority.
Note – The central government has not given such instructions that if parents do not support investing in the account, they can close the account early.
SSY Interest Rate– सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना के तहत निर्धारित ब्याज दरें
|वित्तीय सत्र्||निर्धारित ब्याज दरें|
|अप्रैल से जून 2022 (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2022-23)||7.6%|
|जनवरी से मार्च 2022 तक (चौथी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2021-22)||7.6%|
|अक्टूबर से दिसंबर 2021 तक (तीसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2021-22)||7.6%|
|जुलाई से सितंबर 2021 तक (दूसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2021-22)||7.6%|
|अप्रैल से जून 2021 तक (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2021-22)||7.6%|
|जनवरी से मार्च 2021 तक (चौथी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2020-21)||7.6%|
|अक्टूबर से दिसंबर 2020 तक (तीसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2020-21)||7.6%|
|जुलाई से सितंबर 2020 तक (दूसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2020-21)||7.6%|
|अप्रैल से जून 2020 तक (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2020-21)||7.6%|
|जनवरी से मार्च तक (चौथी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2019-20)||8.4%|
|अक्टूबर से दिसंबर 2019 तक (तीसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2019-20)||8.4%|
|जुलाई से सितंबर 2019 (दूसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2019-20||8.4%|
|अप्रैल से जून 2019 तक (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2019-20)||8.5%|
|जनवरी से मार्च 2019 तक (चौथी तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2018-19)||8.5%|
|अक्टूबर से दिसंबर 2018 तक (तीसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय सत्र् 2018-19)||8.5%|
|जुलाई से सितंबर 2018 तक (दूसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2018-19)||8.1%|
|अप्रैल से जून 2018 तक (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2018-19)||8.1%|
|अक्टूबर से दिसंबर 2017 तक (तीसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2017-18)||8.3%|
|जुलाई से सितंबर 2017 तक (दूसरी तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2017-18)||8.3%|
|अप्रैल से जून 2017 तक (पहली तिमाही, वित्तीय वर्ष 2017-18)||8.4%|
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
The amount due can be calculated by the account holder using the Sukanya Samriddhi calculator. The calculator provides the amount due based on details like the annual investment and the interest rate you mentioned. If you want to calculate the amount due of your account, you can easily calculate it with Sukanya Samriddhi Calculator. Interest is currently granted at a rate of 7.6% on the investment made.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Transfer
SSY account holders are offered the opportunity to transfer the Samridhi Yojana 2022 account from any post office to another post office in the country or from one bank to another for free. This facility is provided when the Account Holder leaves their home location. In order to use this option, the account holder must provide proof of the postponement. If he does not present proof of exchange, he must pay a fee of ₹100 at the place where the account is opened. The SSY account is then electronically transferred at the bank or post office of the country where the core banking system facilities are available.
With which banks in the country can the beneficiary open an SSY account?
There are 28 banks in our country authorized by the Reserve Bank of India. The beneficiary can open an SSY account by visiting the nearest bank branch of these banks. These 28 banks are as follows.
- Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- axis bench
- Andra Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Allahabad Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Oriental Merchant Bank
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Union Bank of India
- UCO bench
- United Bank of India
- Vijay Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara bench
- Dena Bank
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Mysore
- IDBI bank
- ICICI bank
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Travancore
How many girls in a family will benefit from Samriddhi Yojana
Only two girls in a family are allowed to open an investment account under Samriddhi Yojana by the central government. But in some special cases, an investment account can be opened for more than two girls in a family.
- If a girl is born before twins or triplets are born, or if triplets are born first, a third account can be opened.
- If a girl is born after the birth of twins or triplets, the investment account can only be opened for the twins or triplets and not for the girl born after them.
Goal of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s main goal in launching this program is to save the girl from the economic troubles of the future. Because in this era of inflation, parents from middle-class families have to deal with many financial problems while educating their girls to higher education and getting married. With these things in mind, the Prime Minister established the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
Parents or guardians who belong to a middle-class family across the country can easily invest under this program. Because a minimum investment of Rs 250 can be made in the account opened under this scheme. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 is currently empowering the girls in the country to lead a self-determined life while motivating them to pursue higher education.
Some important information about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) 2022
- It is obligatory to deposit Rs 250 per year into the account opened under Samriddhi Yojana 2022. If by no means the account holder deposits at least Rs 250 in a year then his account is said to be a standard account. But even on this default account, the account holder continues to receive the accrued interest until the due date.
- The beneficiary girl can manage her Sukanya Samriddhi account independently after her 18th birthday. To do this, he must submit all the necessary documents to the post office or bank where his SSY account will be opened.
- After passing the 10th norm, the girl can withdraw 50% of the amount from her account either in one lump sum or in installments. This amount can be withdrawn once in 1 year and in installments for a maximum period of 5 years.
- The term of the SSY account is 21 years. However, in certain circumstances such as marriage after the age of 18, death of the account holder, or difficulties in maintaining the account financially, the account may be closed.
- It is also possible to transfer an investment account opened under this scheme from one bank to another bank or from one post office to another post office across the country.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022
- This program was introduced by the Modi government to save the future of girls under the age of 10 from the financial crisis.
- This system grants the account holder tax-free interest of 7.6% on the investment amount.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022 offers investors guaranteed returns at a higher interest rate compared to other central government operated programs.
- The investor can invest a minimum of ₹250 and a maximum of ₹1.5 lakth each year under this program according to their financial situation.
- This program provides a tax exemption of up to ₹500,000 per year under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Eligibility under the Sukanya Samriddhi program
- The girl’s Sukanya Samriddhi account can only be opened by the girl’s parents or legal guardians.
- It is mandatory that the parent or guardian is a permanent resident of India.
- Only a girl under the age of 10 can open an investment account under this program.
- Only 2 girls from a family can open an investment account under this program. If twin girls are born after a girl in a family, separate investment accounts can be opened for twin girls.
- Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Parent or Guardian ID (who operates the account)
- girl’s birth certificate,
- proof of address
- medical certificate
- All necessary documents required by the bank or post office
Account opening process under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022
- First, the parent or legal guardian needs to collect the application form for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana from the post office or the nearest bank.
- Now you need to fill in all the important information requested in this application form after reading it carefully.
- All required documents must then be attached to the form.
- You must now submit this form to the same post office or bank that you received it from.
- This way you can make your application under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2022.
How can you check your SSY account balance?
- The first thing you need to do is ask your bank to give you credentials.
- Credentials are not provided by all banks. Only certain banks offer this option.
- After you have received the access data, you must log in to the bank’s internet banking portal.
- After that, the homepage will open in front of you.
- Now you have to click on the option to confirm the balance.
- After that, the amount of Sukanya Samriddhi account will be opened in front of you.
- You can only check Sukanya Samriddhi balance from here.
Some Terms and Conditions of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Account Opening Age: The Sukanya Samriddhi account can be opened by the guardian before the girl reaches 10 years of age.
- Account Number: Only one account can be opened for one girl under this program. Under this rule, a daughter cannot have a separate account from the mother or a separate account from the father.
- Number of Account Holders in the Family: Only two daughters in a family can take advantage of this arrangement.
- Number of account holders in a family with twin daughters: If twins or triplets are born, more than 2 accounts can be opened.
- Maintaining the Account: The Sukanya Samriddhi Account will be maintained by the Account Holder’s legal guardian until the Account Holder reaches the age of 18.
Conditions for depositing the maximum and minimum amount
- Minimum Account Opening Amount: Under this scheme, an account can be opened for a minimum amount of Rs.250.
- Minimum Investment Per Year: Each year under this scheme, the beneficiary must invest Rs.250.
- Default Status: If the account holder fails to make the minimum investment of Rs.250 per year, the account will default. If the account is in default, the account can be revived by depositing a minimum amount of Rs. 250 and a penalty of Rs. 50 into the account.
- Maximum Investment Amount: The maximum amount that can be invested under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is up to ₹150000.
- Important Documents for Opening an Account: In order to open an account under this scheme, the guardian must provide Form 1, the daughter’s birth certificate and PAN card, and the guardian’s Aadhaar number.
- Investment Period: Investments under this program can be made for up to 15 years from the date of account opening.
Conditions regarding term, tax benefits and interest
- Age of Maturity: The Sukanya Samriddhi account matures after 21 years from the date of opening or after the girl has reached the age of 18 at the time of her marriage.
- Interest rate: The interest rate is communicated by the government on a quarterly basis. The interest rate under this program for January 2021 to March 2021 is 7.6%.
- Interest Amount: The interest amount under this scheme will be credited to the account at the end of the financial year. A Sukanya Samriddhi account can be opened at a post office or bank.
- Tax Benefits: Investments made under this program are tax exempt under Section 80C. Interest and maturities received under this scheme are also tax-free.
Early Account Closure Terms and Conditions
- Early Closure: Sukanya Samriddhi account can be closed early (after 5 years account opening).
- Death of the account holder: If the account holder dies, this account can be closed.
- Condition of a life-threatening illness: If the account holder falls ill with a life-threatening illness, this account can also be closed in this situation.
- Death of Guardian: This account may also be closed in the event of the death of the account holder’s guardian (who operates the account).
Terms and Conditions of Withdrawing Funds from Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Withdrawal Conditions: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account can be withdrawn up to a maximum of 50% of the balance available at the end of the previous financial year. This withdrawal can be done for the upbringing of the girl.
- Age for withdrawal from Sukanya Samriddhi account: This withdrawal can be made after the girl has turned 18 or after she has passed 10th grade (whichever is earlier).
- Withdrawal mode: Withdrawals from the account can be made all at once or in installments.
Guidelines by Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was founded with the aim of ensuring a bright future for the country’s girls.
- The 80C Income Tax Code deduction is also provided under this program. In this scheme, the account is opened in the daughter’s name.
- This account is opened before the girl turns 10 years old.
- Only two accounts can be opened in each family.
- The account opened under this program will be held by the girl’s parents until the girl turns 18 years of age.
- In order to open an account under this scheme, the girl and her parents need to submit some important documents like Aadhaar number, PAN number etc.
- A minimum investment of Rs 250 per year is required to open an account under this scheme.
- If the minimum investment is not made, the account will default.
- The default account can be reopened within 15 years.
- This requires a minimum deposit of Rs 250 for each year of default.
- The maximum deposit limit under this program is ₹150000.
- The state grants interest of 7.60% on the amount of the investment.
- For the girl’s education, 50% of the amount can be withdrawn from the account before the due date and 50% of the amount after the girl’s 18th birthday.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi account matures after a period of 21 years from the date of account opening.
- This account can be closed after the girl’s marriage.